Terms and Conditions
Agreement between owner/operator of Smart Passive Guide, and You, the authorized representative of “Akoma Specialist Hospital” (hereinafter referred to as “The Client”), for work commencing in the capacity of Freelance Digital Designer or Web Designer & Developer.
- AGREED HOURLY RATE – The agreed hourly rate for work carried out during the normal business hours (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) would be negotiated between The Client & Smart Pasive Guide before work commences. The agreed hourly rate is to remain confidential between The Client and Smart Passive Guide. Smart Passive Guide reserves the right to change this rate periodically. The Client will be informed in writing should this rate be changed during the term of this agreement.
- DAILY RATE – Where a client prefers to engage Smart Passive Guide at a fixed Daily Rate, Smart Passive Guide will negotiate with the client to an agreed rate which is to remain confidential between The Client and Smart Passive Guide. Smart Passive Guide reserves the right to change this rate periodically. The Client will be informed both verbally and in writing should this rate be changed during the term of this agreement. Overtime agreements will be decided during the negotiation process. The Client will receive an adjusted work agreement indicative of these changes.
- OVERTIME RATE – The overtime rate is applicable outside the normal business hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The overtime rate also applies to any hours in surplus of 40 hours per working week and any hours worked on weekends and public holidays. Overtime Rates will only be charged when the client has directly requested work to be done during these hours. Where deadlines are set, and the work required exceeds the estimated scheduled time, falling into overtime hours, The Client will be notified before any work is undertaken at this rate.
- EXCLUSIVE BOOKING – Where The Client has requested the services of Smart Passive Guide on a specific day or time, this will be considered an Exclusive Booking. Exclusive Bookings ensure dedicated time will be blocked out to work for The Client without interruption. Exclusive Bookings are subject to the Minimum Daily Charge.
- MINIMUM DAILY CHARGE FOR EXCLUSIVE BOOKING – A minimum of 4 (four) hours per day will be charged at the agreed hourly rate where an Exclusive Booking has been made. If the booking is canceled within 24 hours of the booked day, the Minimum Daily Charge will still be invoiced.
- PAYMENT – Smart Passive Guide invoices weekly. Payment by The Client is required within 7 (seven) days of receipt of an invoice from Smart Passive Guide. Smart Passive Guide accepts payment by Credt/Debit card or direct deposit, and the bank account details will be made available to you when the invoice is sent.
- CONFIDENTIALITY – Smart Passive Guide agrees not to misuse or disclose any confidential information that may be made available by The Client
- CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES – Smart Passive Guide is under the responsibility of The Client from the time of reporting for duties and throughout the booking. All reasonable care will be taken to ensure work is completed to the highest achievable standard; however Smart Passive Guide will not be held liable for loss, expense, or damage caused by any or omission that occurs throughout the duration of the booking.
- ARTWORK APPROVAL, ERRORS, AND OMISSIONS – Smart Passive Guide will take all reasonable care to check proofs carefully for accuracy in all respects, ranging from spelling to technical illustrations. However, the Client’s responsibility is to check all artwork carefully before final sign off and publishing. As a result, Smart Passive Guide is not liable for loss, expense, or damage caused by any act or omission.
- NATURE OF COPY – The Client agrees to exercise due diligence in its direction to Smart Passive Guide regarding the preparation of materials and must be able to substantiate all claims and representations. The Client is responsible for all trademark, service mark, copyright, and patent infringement clearances. The Client is also responsible for arranging any necessary legal clearance of materials Smart Passive Guide prepares. Smart Passive Guide will not be held liable for any legal infringements resulting from artwork being distributed or published under The Client’s direction.
- LIABILITY – Smart Passive Guide makes every effort to maintain the highest possible work standards. Can it not accept responsibility for any loss, expense, or liability of any kind incurred whilst preparing work for The Client in a freelance capacity. To the extent permitted by law, Smart Passive Guide shall not be liable to the Client or any third party for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly in connection with the provision of services. The Client will indemnify and holds harmless the Consultant from and against any claims, costs, expenses, negligence, actions, or suits suffered, sustained, or incurred by the Client or any third party. This includes, without limitation, interruptions caused by acts of Nature, or any other circumstances beyond reasonable control, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data, or otherwise, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- CANCELLATION / TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT – Should The Client wish to cancel/terminate the agreement and discontinue any work in progress, The Client must notify Smart Passive Guide immediately of this intention. Hours worked to that point will be invoiced (minimum 4 hours where an exclusive booking has been made). In the case of cancellation/termination, outstanding invoices are required to be paid within 7 (seven) days of the invoice issue date. The Minimum Daily Charge will apply if cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the booking.
- VARIATION IN TERMS – These terms can only be varied, amended, or altered by written agreement between Smart Passive Guide and The Client.
Contact me | (+233)549 210 297